April 2, 2023
When I started this book blog side project, did I have the best of intentions of writing frequently to catalog the experience?
Have I done a decent job of that?
It’s been almost 7 months since I’ve written an update here and in hindsight, I wish I had added these blog posts to my batch week each month but the original intention was that I would update in real time, in order to give a true behind the scenes look.
Turns out, author imposter syndrome is a real bitch and she’s kept me quite paralyzed over the last seven months. I’m no stranger to imposter syndrome in my business, but its been more extreme than ever with the book, which was something that I didn’t expect. I kind of thought that if I could get that first draft written that I’d be golden, because in my mind I expected that to be the hardest part.
If you read the last book blog post, I left off with the first draft being finished. Since then, I’ve been working on the book behind the scenes, but it’s been mentally difficult, thus no posts.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s been happening:
- I took some time away from the first draft, and then came back at it in October for my first set of personal revisions.
- Then, I had an incredible group of Beta Readers read through the draft and give their feedback throughout October and November.
- Once that was done, I did … nothing. 🙃
- Until January when I sent off the manuscript to my content editor, Jodi. (Writing a book? Highly recommend working with Jodi.)
- I chose the name, but still am working on the subtitle.
- Now, I’m working my way through all of the feedback given to me from Jodi and the Beta Readers.
This revision phase has been … not what I expected. But since this is just a catch-up post, I’ll write another about that. If you have any questions about what’s been happening, or want me to go back and write up my experience with any of the above, let me know in the comments.
Love and cat-hair hugs,
Follow along on my book writing journey, and read more Book Blog Posts here!