How to Stop Researching So Much
I see this question inside of Facebook groups all.the.time. How can I stop researching so much? I know I’m wasting so much time, but I can’t stop.
Starting a business can be really overwhelming. Once you jump in and realize just how many different hats you have to wear, you also realize how much you have to learn. Which eventually leads you to the rabbit hole that is Pinterest and all of the content that’s out there, causing you to spend hours and hours sorting and shifting through as much information as you can in order to figure out what to do next.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with researching and learning. I am a FIRM believer in constant and continuous education. But there’s definitely a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Today, I’m going to walk you through the huge mistakes I made with overlearning at the beginning of my business, and then I’m going to share a better way to improve your knowledge (one that will save you time, AND lessen the overwhelm you’re feeling as you’re trying to learn new things right now. All in just 4 simple steps.
Y’all love hearing about the different ways I’ve struggled and messed up in my business, and I love sharing it with you. So let’s go ahead and dive right on in to these 4 steps to stop overlearning! You’re listening to episode 028 of Chasing Simple.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Grab the 8 Tips for Faster Content Creation Audio Training
- Go Follow Amber Housley on Instagram
- Check out Trello for yourself
- Elizabeth McCravy’s Episode on Chasing Simple
- Enroll in Club Content Batching
- Listen to Erin Haworth’s Episode on Finding the Right Coach
- Tune in to Nicole Boucher’s Episode on Chasing Simple
- Check out the Pixie Dust & Profits Podcast
- This week’s action step: Set up an education day for yourself in your schedule.
- This week’s book recommendation: “Ride of a Lifetime” by Robert Iger
- Find me on Instagram and tell me you completed this week’s action step: @mrsamandawarfield
Did you love this episode?
Don’t forget to subscribe so that you never miss an episode! Also, if you would be willing to leave a review on Apple Podcasts, it would mean the world to me. It’s such a small thing that can make a big difference in helping me spread this message of simplicity to other overwhelmed women.
Have a comment about today’s episode, or a topic you’d like to suggest for a future episode? Shoot me an email over at firstname.lastname@example.org!